Microwave Chicken Curry
I am going to have chicken curry today... need to spice up my life a little bit!
1 lb chicken breast cut into smal (1"-2") pieces
2 medium or 1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
1" length of ginger root
2" stick of cinnamon
1 clove of cardamom (optional)
2 bay leaves (optional)
1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
1 small plain yugurt
1-2 tbls brown sugar
1 bellpepper chopped (optional)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon ketscup
1 teaspoon salt
1. Chop onion, garlic and ginger root into small pieces.
2. Optionally these can be put in the blender for a few seconds. Some Indian stores carry garlic and ginger paste which would be a better option.
3. If paste is available, use 1 teaspoon garlic and 2 teaspoon ginger paste.
4. Mix all ingredients including the chicken in a large microwavable bowl and place it in a cool place or in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Microwave on high for 10 minutes. Remove container from the microwave and stir
well and then put it in again for another 20 minutes.
6. It's great with rice or chappaties/parotas.
Recipe by: Sam Basu