* 2 cups mixed nut, toasted
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, grated
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 To toast nuts, heat and stir over medium heat till toasted.
2 Or carefully heat in the microwave for a few minutes.
3 Nuts tend to burn easily so toast with caution and stir and turn frequently.
4 Then stir nuts with remainder of ingredients and mix well.
5 Microwave on high power for 7 minutes, stirring once.
6 Then pour mixture on a sheet of foil and let cool completely.
7 Break up nut mixture and stir in a cool dry place.
8 Note: made in a 650/700 watt microwave oven, so adjust time if needed.
Recipe by: Dave
240 g minced beef
1 tbsp diced spring onion
2 tbsp diced carrot
1 cup superior broth (250ml)
1 tbsp grated cheese
3 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp red wine
A pinch of salt
Pepper and thyme
1 tsp cornflour
1. Stir marinade in minced beef.
2. Marinade for 20 minutes.
3. Put macaroni in a pot of hot water.
4. Microwave for 8-10 minutes
5. Remove and drain well.
6. Rinse in running water.
7. Place 2 tbsp oil and vegetable dices in a casserole, stir, cover and microwave for 30 seconds - 1 minute.
8. Add minced beef and tomato paste
9. Cover and microwave for 1-1 1/2 minute.
10. Add broth, stir, cover and microwave for 10 minutes.
11. Top the macaroni with prepared minced beef and sprinkle grated cheese.
12. Let it grill for another 10 minutes.
Serving: 3 pax
1/4 c. (1/2 stick butter)
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chocolate syrup
Cream butter and sugar; add eggs and beat until fluffy.
Add sifted dry ingredients, vanilla and chocolate syrup.
Beat until thoroughly blended.
Pour into an 8-inch square or round glass baking dish.
Cook, uncovered, 7 minutes in microwave oven.
While cake is still warm, spread 1 cup miniature marshmallows over the top.
In microwave oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter for 30 seconds in glass mixing bowl.
Add 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons evaporated milk; mix thoroughly.
Cook uncovered, for 2 minutes.
Quickly mix in 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
Pour over cake and blend with marshmallows.
Microwave cooking times are approximate.
Cooking time varies with the model of microwave oven.
Recipe by: Cooks
Have your eggs boiled and cooled, and your red potatoes cooked before you start this recipe.
1/2 cup light bottled balsamic vinaigrette or Italian dressing
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
12 ounces green or yellow beans, trimmed
2 cans (6 1/2 ounces each) tuna canned in water (chunk light or albacore), drained
8 anchovy filets, drained (packed in oil) and pat them dry
1 pound tiny new potatoes, cleaned, pierced with fork and microwaved until tender
Half a red or yellow bell pepper, cut into thin (1/4-inch strips)
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (cut in half if large)
About 18 pitted black olives, drained well
1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped (optional)
2 teaspoons fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped (optional)
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (optional)
3 large eggs (preferably a higher omega-3 brand), hard-cooked, peeled, and cut into quarters
1. Add vinaigrette to small bowl and whisk in mustard; set aside.
2. Add green beans to microwave-safe dish with 1/4 cup water. Cook on HIGH for about
3 minutes or until barely tender. Drain immediately and cover with cold ice water to stop the cooking process.
3. To assemble the salad, combine the beans, tuna, anchovies, potatoes, bell pepper, tomatoes, olives, fresh parsley and tarragon. Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss gently to cover all ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Garnish serving bowl with hard-boiled eggs.
Yield: About 6 servings
Recipe by: Medicine Net